Today, I have a really fun card layout! You can use it when you are at the very end of a package of DSP and only have scraps. Likewise, you could rip open a brand new package of DSP and start there. There is so much versatility here!
I have had a thing for monochromatic cards lately! And I am really happy with this one made almost entirely of Gray Granite. Maybe this shade simply makes for a nice transition from summer to fall colors. Additionally, this allows this card to be friendly to both male and female recipients.
Where This Card Layout Started
First, my creative process began by using a sketch of sorts. And while I liked my card, I felt that it was a waste of time embossing that first layer because you could not see it.
Next, I made the Basic White layer smaller. This resulted in being able to see all of the pretty embossing! I also added an additional layer for more color.
Several More Cards
Finally, you can see that this card layout works with any DSP, stamp set, or suite of products! So much fun!
I hope that you enjoyed this sweet little project. Let’s all try really hard to make a card and mail it out to someone this coming week. As always, remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
- Gray Granite Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3n0GzIm
- Basic White Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2Xn105s
- Gray Granite Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/3C0u6gf
- Nature’s Print Stamp Set: https://bit.ly/3SpHHTk
- Sun Prints DSP: https://bit.ly/3xJ7VIC
- Gray Granite Ribbon: https://bit.ly/3n0pDSs
- Elegant Faceted Gems: https://bit.ly/3C1vWgR
Shop my entire online store: https://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
- Gray Granite Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″; 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ ; and 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ (If you prefer a larger white border, 3 3/4″ x 5″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (Inside); scrap for sentiment
- DSP: (3) 3/4″ x 3″; (4) 1/2″ x 3″