I was in the mood to make some spring cards. So, I pulled out the Oval Occasions Bundle to get started. A punch and stamp set make up the bundle. Additionally, the stamp set offers both smaller and larger greetings. There are also a few very simple images included in the set as well. The sleek style of this set allows you to use any color or pattern. It would be a great asset to anyone’s stamp collection.
Oval Occasions Cards
Purple Posy is one of my favorite colors. As a result of our ink pad being pulled from the line, I find that I don’t use it very often. Purple Posy will soon be retired from Stampin’ Up. I decided that I wanted to use it as my starting point. From there I pulled in several other pastel shades to add to my cards.
The easel card is a favorite of mine. I love to send this style of card to people that might like to display a card to enjoy for a time. Specifically, nursing home residents, shut-in individuals, people in the hospital, or someone that enjoys cards.
I love the tender look of this card. The Forever Fern stamp set allowed me to create a very soft pattern. I used our Seaside Spray In Color Designer Series paper for the small strip on my card.
Team Color Challenge Card
My Stampin’ Up leader gives us a color challenge each month. This month she gave us the colors of Soft Sea Foam, Granny Apple Green, and Shaded Spruce. This tiny little shamrock stamp inspired me to make this card for the challenge.
The image at the top of this post features a sweet Easter card. I utilized the Buffalo Check background stamp to create my own Designer Series Paper using the Petal Pink Ink Pad. At first, I was not too sure about using it but I ended up very happy with the result.
And finally, here is the card that we made together on the video today. I designed it as a baby card but simply by changing the greeting, it could become a birthday card. The simplicity of this card is what I like the most. I hope that you enjoyed making it with me.
As always, remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
- Oval Occasions Bundle: https://bit.ly/3uNLZJn
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2WUdNfu
- Night of Navy Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3njPQu7
- Basic White Thick Card Stock: https://bit.ly/3bm4BJ1
- Playing With Patterns DSP: https://bit.ly/36y8bNY
- Night of Navy Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/36w4YOV
- Purple Posy Cardstock: https://bit.ly/2PyR8Ff
- Smokey Slate Stampin’ Blend Markers: https://bit.ly/2NZ5huD
- Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend Markers: https://bit.ly/3bc7Cv5
- Purple Posy Stampin’ Blend Markers: https://bit.ly/3uT02NE
- Tear & Tape: https://bit.ly/3pIauFe
Shop my entire online store here: http://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
- Calypso Coral Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″
- DSP: 3″ x 4″
- Night of Navy: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and scrap for circle and oval punched pieces
- Purple Posy: 1″ x 4 3/4″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP: 5/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White Thick: Scrap large enough for your image