Plaid Tidings by Stampin’ Up
Plaid Tidings to you! Plaid Tidings by Stampin’ Up that is. This new suite of products is going to serve us well in our craft room. Plaid paper is classic and it never goes out of style. It works for every holiday and every occasion for which we make cards. The DSP pack is good because there are sheets that have several colors and there are some that are very monochromatic.The DSP package is in the 6 x 6 size.
The Embroidered Ribbon in the suite is a nice neutral color and we will be able to match it up with several of the colors in our line. I found it to be very easy to manipulate. I think it would really look nice if you frayed the ends a little bit. However, it didn’t seem to fray in my general use.
Today’s project is a Halloween fun fold card. This card was perfect for my video today because I am able to show you a few new techniques. I wanted to point out that the reason I filled my aqua painter with rubbing alcohol and not water is that we used a water based ink to stamp our greeting and our spider web. If I had used water, we risked our images being damaged and possible running.
Plaid Tidings by Stampin’ Up Video:
The second card I made was fun because I got to use my Stampin’ Blends markers to color in my images. I know that some people dislike coloring but I find it very soothing and relaxing. My final card used a bright piece of the plaid paper. I feel it is a card that you might not automatically think of making using a plaid designed paper. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone when making cards. Trying new color combinations and techniques can boost your confidence and expand your knowledge.
I know that we aren’t supposed to play favorites but I really love how this card turned out. It ‘s so happy! 🙂
Supplies for Today’s Card Project:
- Whisper White Cardstock: https://bit.ly/2RU2KjT
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: https://bit.ly/36aE6Ui
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3csPfkB
- Gorgeous Grape Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/3kJC1mp
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/3cqg5df
- Basic Gray Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/2FZBsWB
- Pumpkin Pie Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/32Wdzs4
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock: https://bit.ly/32Yf2hz
- Plaid Tidings Suite: https://bit.ly/2FZeDmj
- Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends Combo: https://bit.ly/3csUMI7
- Water Painters: https://bit.ly/362RfPn
- Bone Folder: https://bit.ly/3mNv99A
- Pearl Basic Jewels: https://bit.ly/3hWwcAh
- Ornate Borders Dies: https://bit.ly/304fglb
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 9″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- Plaid Tidings DSP: 3 1/4″ x 4″ and 1 1/2″ x 4″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (2)
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
I hope that you enjoyed the new techniques we talked about today. I always think it is fun is get a little messy in the craft room! And as always- Be kind, send a card and do something creative!
Join My Team here to be a discount shopper: http://www.thepolkadotlife.com/join-my-team/
Request a Catalog Here: http://www.thepolkadotlife.com/catalog-request/