Today, I will show you how I made my Flowers of Friendship Color Challenge card. The colors assigned this month were Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, and Gorgeous Grape. This combination is not my favorite!
I decided to use the Early Espresso to stamp my main image. Even though we could, I chose not to use Memento Black as I felt it just introduced another color into the strange mix!
The Watercolor Pencils by Stampin’ Up are the stars of the show today. I mistakenly referred to them as colored pencils in the video. These are most definitely not regular colored pencils! You color with them just like a colored pencil, but you can blend them smooth using various methods. As a result, you get a gorgeous finish to your image!
Version One Of My Flowers Of Friendship Card
This was my first version of the card. I decided that I would like a thinner strip of the Early Espresso exposed, Also, I didn’t love the strip of ribbon that ran down the side. It didn’t connect with the bow and I felt that looked strange.
An Additional Color Challenge Card
For this second card, I used products from the Elegantly Said Bundle. If I didn’t need to add the Gorgeous Grape or Early Expresso to this card, I would love it! I just might rip off the sentiment and do it again! A Gorgeous Grape flower decorates the inside of the card.
Color Challenges help us to learn and grow. The above card leads me to a monochromatic card idea! Take some time to play with your supplies. Let yourself go. Enjoy the process.
Thank you for joining me today! As always, remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3bm4BJ1
- Basic White Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2Xn105s
- Multipurpose Glue: http://bit.ly/2LxiTvU
- Seal Adhesive: https://bit.ly/3ANZFWL
- Watercolor Pencils: http://bit.ly/34UMEgG
- Blender Pen: http://bit.ly/3o1h3Bu
- Stitched Rectangle Dies: https://bit.ly/3nfVtt6
- Flowers of Friendship Stamp Set: https://bit.ly/3uVgZWH
- Gorgeous Grape 3/8″ Sheer Ribbon: https://bit.ly/3j80OlS
Shop my entire online store: http://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: Use Rectangle Die closest to 3″ x 4 1/4″, also 2″ x 5 1/5″, and scrap for sentiment
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: Use Rectangle Die closest to 3 3/8″ x 4 3/4″
- Early Espresso Cardstock: 1″ x 5 1/2″