Wishes & Wonder by Stampin’ Up
It’s the season for Wishes & Wonder! The virus may have stolen a lot of things this year, but it cannot steal my love for Christmas! In fact, being at home most of the time has given me the opportunity to work on some holiday cards and projects and not feel rushed. The process has been so enjoyable and relaxing.
Do you have a particular style when it comes to decorating for Christmas? I am a very traditional gal. Red and green are my usual choices. But I enjoy other color combinations as well. I think that is one thing about our cards, gift wrap, and craft projects is that we are not committed to just one theme. We can go in whatever direction our creativity takes us. And I love that. That was my mindset for this particular project. Adding black to a color palette can change the “vibe” a little and make the other colors in the palette stand out. Sometimes adding black makes your project look more formal. Sometimes it makes it feel more on the earthy side.
Did You Know?
The Wishes & Wonder stamp set is part of the Wonder of the Season Suite of products offered by Stampin’ Up this season. The North Pole Wonder Dies are bundled with the stamp set. Did you know that when you purchase our stamp set/cutting tool bundles you save 10% vs. purchasing them separately? And if you love all of the products in the suite, you can just enter #155112 and order everything in the collection all at once. (I have also used a few items that are not part of the suite as well.)
Today’s Project Featuring Wishes & Wonder
This pocket card looks very complicated to make. But, this card is actually very simple to put together. Today’s video will show you how.
Even More Wishes & Wonder Cards and Creations
Once I started playing with the Wishes & Wonder stamp set, I just couldn’t stop!
- Very Vanilla 6″ x 9 1/4″ (You could also use DSP here)
- Basic Black 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Very Vanilla 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Basic Black 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
- Very Vanilla-Whole Sheet to stamp with Buffalo Check. Then cut a strip 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ for inside layer. Die cut on remaining portion.
- Very Vanilla Scrap for Sentiment
- Gold Foil Scrap
- Ribbon Bow
- Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Stamparatus: https://bit.ly/2PIYnad
- Wonder of the Season Suite: https://bit.ly/2DULSpg
- Wishes & Wonder Bundle: https://bit.ly/2XRX2Ct
- Buffalo Check Cling Stamp: https://bit.ly/3isUYbZ
- Mossy Meadow Stripe Ribbon: https://bit.ly/2CfDTTk
- Mossy Meadow Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/3gPsSap
- Real Red Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/2CgAdkf
- Shop for Everything Here: http://www.thepolkadotlife/shop
Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog today! As always, “Be kind, Send A Card, and Do Something Creative!”