August 2021 Paper Pumpkin Alternatives- Hope Box
The August 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit is titled Hope Box. It was created by one of Stampin’ Up’s founders, Shelli Gardner. When Shelli designs a kit, it is highly sought out!
Once again, I have found that Paper Pumpkin has improved their kit cards and I like them! As a result, I decided to create my alternatives using only the stamps and a few unused elements of the kit. I love that I can then choose any Stampin’ Up colors for my cards!
More Hope Box Cards
For example, the card featured in today’s video uses So Saffron, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, and Bermuda Bay. However, my first version uses Blackberry Bliss, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, and Bermuda Bay.
The sentiments that are included in the Hope Box are great for those cards that are really difficult to send. It is important to have these greetings in our stash. But we are not limited by them either. Mixing our stamp sets is super fun!
I used my Stampin’ Write Marker in Blackberry Bliss to make the dashes between the butterflies. I could do this with complete confidence that the marker would match my stamped image. You cannot do this at the local craft store. I love that Stampin’ Up inks match with the embellishments, markers, cardstocks, and ribbons!
This card design was my favorite one to make. The process is a little messy but it is fun! Some of the splatters were created using the included stamp and the rest were created by flicking the Stampin’ Write markers. Then I used the Ornate Floral Embossing Folder to dry emboss this layer. Next, I stamped al butterfly on an additional piece of Basic White cardstock and fussy cut it out. It is popped up on the card with dimensionals. And lastly, I used some Wink of Stella on it to give it some sparkle and I adhered the sentiment across the middle.
Next Month’s Paper Pumpkin
Don’t forget to hurry and sign up for next month’s Paper Pumpkin kit, Haunts and Harvest by September 10th. You can use one of the links below.
I hope that you enjoyed today’s alternative cards. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel to get informed whenever I post a new video. As always, remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
- Paper Pumpkin Subscription: https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2211250
- Paper Pumpkin Prepaid 6-Month Subscription: https://bit.ly/3fg14fk
- Paper Pumpkin Prepaid 12-Month Subscription: https://bit.ly/3fiCPgB
- Basic White Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2Xn105s
- Melon Mambo Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3lVuwgd
- Pool Party Cardstock: https://bit.ly/38IFb7g
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink: https://bit.ly/3cqg5df
- So Saffron Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/38Ponu1
- Pool Party Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/39UQ9Xa
- Melon Mambo Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/2XpCHHm
Shop my entire online store: http://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
- Melon Mambo Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Pool Party Cardstock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″, and 1/2″ x 5″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″, and (3) 7/8″ x 2 1/4″