The Hues of Happiness Suite of products caught my eye from day one! It is actually featured on the cover of our new 2022-2023 Annual Stampin’ Up Catalog. The bundle features a photopolymer stamp set and a die set. The embellishments in the kit are the Glossy Dots Assortment. And the Designer Series Paper is a total knockout!
Where Do I Even Begin?
I admit that I was totally blocked as to where to begin. So, I just started playing. This is where I decided that while I love the Designer Series Paper, I wanted to hand paint my flowers. Be sure to watch the video to learn my process. Here is a little photo that shows what methods I have tried. It’s not the greatest photo but it is a great comparison.
Additionally, here is how the Orchid Oasis from the video turned out after it dried. You can see the difference from the smaller Night of Navy flower.
My first cards were created by taking a simple card sketch and using that as my guide. Once I did this, my creative block went away. You can always find ideas in the Stampin’ Up Catalogs or on Pinterest. There is a link to my boards on my homepage.
More Hues of Happiness Cards
Next, I progressed to a card that featured some heat embossing. Don’t you just love the white images on the Night of Navy cardstock? So classy!
Then, I jumped into a more stepped-up card. I wanted it to have a lot of layers. And Pool Party cardstock always makes a pretty card.
And finally, my heart was happy with this Fresh Freesia card. I am also so happy with the Gray Granite version that we made together on the video. I hope that you were inspired to create one of these Hues of Happiness cards today. That would really make me smile!
Thank you for joining me today. As always, remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
- Gray Granite Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3n0GzIm
- Shimmery White Cardstock: https://bit.ly/2TXlcJm
- Night of Navy Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3njPQu7
- Basic White Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2Xn105s
- Memento Black Ink: https://bit.ly/3cqg5df
- Night of Navy Inkpad: https://bit.ly/36w4YOV
- Granny Apple Green Inkpad: https://bit.ly/3doQxPS
- Daffodil Delight Inkpad: https://bit.ly/3NbJMj6
- Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder: https://bit.ly/3y2W0WU
- Gray Granite 1/4″ Shimmer Ribbon: https://bit.ly/3n0pDSs
- White 3/4″ Frayed Ribbon: https://bit.ly/3QvfHxF
- Glue Dots:https://bit.ly/3HBSMg7
- Take Your Pick Tool: http://bit.ly/3iTKh3y
- Water Painters: https://bit.ly/362RfPn
You can shop my entire online store: https://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
- Gray Granite Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″; and 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Shimmery White Cardstock: Enough to stamp desired flowers, leaves, greetings, etc.
- Basic White Cardstock: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″