Today, I am going to make a Fireplace Swing Card. I will be using the Sweet Stockings Suite of products by Stampin’ Up. While the suite features very cute and whimsical animals, don’t dismiss it if animals aren’t your thing. This card will show you that you can use these products to create very traditional cards. I added a cat to the inside of my card, but you could simply just leave it off.
This card is an ideal card to send to a shut-in, nursing home resident, or hospital patient. I realize that it is early in the year to be thinking of such things. But, we know that we will need some of these types of cards. Now is the time to start building your collection of handmade cards for the holidays. You will feel so much less stressed in December if you have your cards ready.
More Details of the Sweet Stocking Cards
This is my favorite layer of the card! I love all of the depth and texture. I like all of the product coordination. The backs of the stockings still match the DSP on the inside layer. And, I also like the warm and cozy feeling that the card creates.
The Sweet Stocking Suite offers many different options for decorating the inside of your card. I chose the sentiment “Sending Lots Of Love”. I think the people I would send this card to would appreciate hearing that they are loved. 🙂 But there are other sentiment stamps in the set. And I chose to add this adorable kitty to the inside. However, there are images of gifts and other Christmas images as well.
I wanted to show you two different versions of the fireplace swing card. This is my original card. It has more of a sleek modern look compared to the traditional feel of the one we made together today. You have so many choices!
Don’ forget to decorate your envelopes! This step really elevates the look of your cards. I stamped and colored a stocking image of the front of my envelope and colored it in with Stampin’ Blends. You could also add some DSP to the flap of your envelope.
Do you enjoy making more involved cards? I would love to know what kind of cards you would like to see on my channel. As always remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: https://bit.ly/2Ub3JgD
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3nQvNUd
- Basic White Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2Xn105s
- Old Olive Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3nQxeC5
- Basic Black Cardstock: http://bit.ly/3hInszp
- Bumblebee Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2JKE1xW
- In Good Taste DSP: https://bit.ly/3muxYic
- Sweet Stockings Bundle: https://bit.ly/3ybnypB
- Window Sheet: https://bit.ly/2HA4JrB
- Seasonal Label Dies: https://bit.ly/3sKsyAM
- Harvest Dies: https://bit.ly/2Wd6wuF
- Timber Embossing Folder: https://bit.ly/3sJkdNA
- Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder: https://bit.ly/3DfL7RW
Shop my entire online store: https://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ Cut at 1 1/4″ on each side of the front. Trim 1/4″ from the bottom of the middle section. Cut (2) 1″ x 2 1/2″ pieces for front trim panels if desired.
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″- Then cut into (2) 1 1/8″x 4 1/8″ and (1) 2 7/8″ x 4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Old Olive Cardstock: (2) 1 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Basic Black Cardstock: Scrap
- Bumblebee Cardstock: Scrap
- In Good Taste DSP: 1″ x 5″
- Sweet Stockings DSP: (2) 1″ x 3 5/8″
- Window Sheet: 1 1/4″ x 5 3/8″