Have you ever heard the terms beginner, casual, or avid crafter? Today, I am going to use the Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper by Stampin’ Up to illustrate these terms. You can earn this paper for FREE right now during Sale-A-Bration when you purchase $50 in products. But hurry! Sale-A-Bration ends February 28th.
Today’s Paper Blooms Video
Let me begin by saying that this tern is not meant to be offensive in any way. It can mean that you are an actual beginner and this project is a great place to start! Alternatively, this could also mean that this is just the style that you prefer. A beginner crafter card would include only stamps, ink, and paper.
These cards are both very simple to make. But aren’t they lovely? I like the clean and sleek feel of these cards.
On a casual card, the crafter would add some type of die or punch, an embellishment, or dimension. The card I make in today’s video, I add a punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, and some cute butterfly embellishments. This card also has an additional layer.
The term avid crafter simply means that this is a crafter who enjoys adding many layers, dies, dimension elements, and embellishments to their cards. An avid crafter is usually a person that has a larger collection of craft supplies at their disposal. It does not mean that their cards are any better or that they outshine a beginner card. Again, this might just simply be a crafter’s personal preference for making cards.
Additionally, these cards are still very simple in nature. The Designer Series Paper is the absolute star of the show!
As always, remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
Join My Team
Sale-A-Bration is the best time of year to join Stampin’ Up! You can join my team here: https://www.thepolkadotlife.com/join-my-team/
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3bm4BJ1
- Basic White Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2Xn105s
- Night of Navy Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3njPQu7
- Seaside Spray Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3qhlU2E
- Petal Pink Cardstock: http://bit.ly/3rURlQX
- Old Olive Cardstock:https://bit.ly/3nQxeC5
- Night of Navy Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/36w4YOV
- Clear Embossing Powder: http://bit.ly/3qkvhP4
- Versemark (For Navy Avid Card): https://bit.ly/3p0qQcc
- White Embossing Powder (For Navy Avid Card): http://bit.ly/3blDnm4
- Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Pack: https://bit.ly/34aiOVK
- Butterfly Gems: http://bit.ly/3ajkC1q
- Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder: https://bit.ly/2IbezRj
Shop My Entire Online Store: https://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
- Basic White Cardstock- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- DSP- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Petal Pink Cardstock- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP- 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Seaside Spray- Scrap for sentiment that will fit your punch or die
- Seaside Spray Cardstock- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and scrap that will fit your punch or die
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Designer Series Paper; 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″