Today’s card was made using the Merriest Moments Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up. It is time again for my team’s Color Challenge. We were assigned the colors Polished Pink, Mango Melody, and Mossy Meadow. I decided that I wanted to make a poinsettia card.
While I chose to use the Merriest Moments stamp set, we have other stamp sets that include poinsettias. In fact, you could substitute any flower stamp and make cards for any occasion!
For each card, you will need to stamp 4 Mossy Meadow large leaves, 2 Polished Pink large leaves, 6 Polished Pink medium leaves, and 4 Mango Melody berry groupings. This will include pieces for adding a poinsettia to the inside layer of your card. Be sure to watch the video for instructions on how to group and assemble these pieces.
I also cut three circles of vellum. I adhered the circles to the card base. The flowers get adhered to them. You will notice that I used two different dies to cut my vellum. A different one on each version. I wanted you to see that you don’t always have to use the exact things that I use. As much as we would love to own every single thing from the Stampin’ Up catalogs, we don’t.
Another Version Of My Merriest Moments Card
No Boring Inside Layers
Here is how I chose to decorate the inside of my card. I felt the plain white inside was just a little sad. And I also decorated my envelope by adding embossed cardstock to the flap and I added a poinsettia to the front of my envelope. Those details don’t take much time and really elevate the look of your stationery!
I hope that you are inspired to take this layout and make some cards of your own! Then take those cards and mail them to someone that needs a little blessing. As always, remember to be kind, send a card, and do something creative!
- Polished Pink Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3b2nwaO
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: https://bit.ly/2Ub3JgD
- Basic White Cardstock: http://bit.ly/2Xn105s
- In Color Designer Series Paper: https://bit.ly/3iwfCdY
- Vellum: https://bit.ly/3hpuHxk
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: https://bit.ly/3bm4BJ1
- Polished Pink Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/3b3JPwV
- Mossy Meadow Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/3gPsSap
- Mango Melody Ink Pad: https://bit.ly/3uN1Rv9
- Mini Dimensionals: https://bit.ly/3z6QShJ
- Merriest Moments Stamp Set: https://bit.ly/3E9DnS6
Shop my online store: http://www.thepolkadotlife.com/shop/
Join my team!: http://www.thepolkadotlife.com/join-my-team/
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock: Scraps or large enough for stamped images
- Polished Pink DSP: 1″ x 4 1/4″
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ for thick border or 1 1/4″ for thinner border
- Vellum: Scraps for die-cut shapes